Wireframe — Issue 41
We check out Endling, Herobeat Studios’ intense 2D survival game about a family of foxes searching for food and avoiding extinction. Continuing a similar theme, we talk to the developers who are using the cinematic platformer genre to tell stories about escaping oppression. Then we turn our attention to Kickstarter, and find out exactly why it’s so hard to make a successful crowdfunded game.
Over in our Toolbox section, we introduce a simple yet effective formula for making better games, show you how to create a wall-running mechanic in Unity, and recreate the multi-directional shooting from Konami’s coin-op classic, Time Pilot.
- Chatting to Codemasters legend David Darling
- The studios making games for the visually impaired
- 'Indie': an outmoded term in today's games industry?
- Cards and Chaotic combat in Fights In Tight Spaces
12 month recurring subscription
- Up to 49% cheaper than newsstand
- Receive 26 issues
- Free delivery to your door
- Available worldwide
Free PDF Edition
- Delivered to your inbox
- Optimised for screens
- Clickable web links
- Occasional news updates
Apple App Store
- Free to download & issue 1 free
- The best mobile reading experience
- Read news straight from the app
- Buy issues or subscribe from £1.99