Wireframe — Issue 49
Italian developer LKA takes us on a guided tour of Martha is Dead, its haunting adventure-thriller set in 1940s Tuscany. Carrying on the mystery theme, we delve into the murky world of film noir, and find out why this ageing cinematic genre still has such an impact on game design.
Elsewhere, we find out how designers use hidden rooms and side paths to add depth and intrigue to their platform games, and find out how the games industry is making progress towards better representation for those on the autism spectrum.
Over in our Toolbox section, meanwhile, you’ll find an essential guide to connecting retro consoles to modern televisions – whatever your budget, there’s a solution to suit.
- Looking ahead to Slipways: the sci-fi strategy game that avoids the spectre of war
- Saluting the history and cracking library of games behind the Sega Dreamcast
- The city design secrets behind that modern RPG classic, Disco Elysium
- Recreate Manic Miner’s crumbling platforms in this month’s Source Code
12 month recurring subscription
- Up to 49% cheaper than newsstand
- Receive 26 issues
- Free delivery to your door
- Available worldwide
Free PDF Edition
- Delivered to your inbox
- Optimised for screens
- Clickable web links
- Occasional news updates
Apple App Store
- Free to download & issue 1 free
- The best mobile reading experience
- Read news straight from the app
- Buy issues or subscribe from £1.99